Wednesday, September 8, 2010

Langkawi Getaway Day1 (Part 2 of 2)

Where should we start? Nobody is familiar with the place so we just turn on Casendra's Garmin Nuvi and search for the nearest restaurant. Aha.... Thai food. Its only 600 meters from where we are.... go go go! Without second thought we followed the GPS direction blindly..... into Berjaya Langkawi Resort. Initially we believe we were just passing through until a guard stop us, "Sini kereta tak boleh masuk, pusing balik." We then realized that the restaurant is inside the resort. A quick glance at the rear view mirror and I saw some disapproving faces....

So we ditch the GPS and headed to Kuah town in hope that we will find some decent and reasonably priced food along the way. Needless to say, there are none. Most of the eateries and shops are closed.... its Puasa month and Nuzul Al-Quran today! What a foolish 5 we were.

We arrive at Kuah town center around 1pm and our stomachs are growling. We spotted a corner chinese eatery opposite the Duty Free shops and went in straight. Everything is like KL (including prices) except the speed of service. We waited around 15 minutes before someone came to clear our table. Noodles cost RM4 per bowl. Annie took mixed rice, 2 veggies and 1 meat cost RM5 (WTH?!). The taste of the food doesn't justify the price... maybe we were hungry because FaiTh and Casie say "mai hiam, buay pai la...." I don't want to comment further...

After lunch, with a bunch of ladies, near duty free shops..... Need I say some more? FaiTh's aching legs are cured miraculously and she was busy shopping around the 3 shops. We bought some chocolates and tidbits as souvenirs for our friends. Annie recomended the Japanese Choya Plum Wine to me and we bought it with another bottle of white wine just in case we got ourselves dangling with just one bottle.... she drinks like a fish, you get what I mean.

The spree ended around 3pm. It could be longer if it hasn't been the heavy exercise this morning. I'm amazed at how efficient these ladies can be when it comes to shopping... less than 2 hours and everyone seems to be carrying more than 2 bags. FaiTh who promise to take over the driving suddenly having leg pain again... but I managed to talk Annie into test driving the car to drive us back to our motel.

We agreed to just have a shower and continue our exploration of the island but everyone is stucked to their bed once they come in touch with it. The heat is overwhelming outside and we gives ourselves lame excuses to stay inside... strategize our itinerary la... compare tour package price la... check email la... and they even force me to lie to cancel a pre-book mangrove tour package as we got a cheaper offer from the travel agent here.

Annie is my savior... she brought her ipod along! I was obsessed playing with it while the rest is still superglued to their bed. Thinking of it now, I have been hogging on her ipod (for the entire trip) since then... addicted. I hope she is not mad at me... sooorrryyy.......

It is already 5pm when Annie, FaiTh and I decided to take a stroll along Cenang beach. We just step foot on the beach and FaiTh immediately run (yup, she ran) to the shade. Walaueh..... is she gonna melt like heated up butter or what? That left Annie and me to explore the coastline. I need to get some sun before mushroom grow out of my skin.

The setting is like a painting. It was very windy and the breeze is gently caressing through us, flapping our hair and cloths..... The waves lashes lazily againts the shore and distance sounds of children playing makes a perfect orchestra. I could feel the warm evening sun on my face and in my heart. Everything is so... tranquilizing.

Annie's face is glowing from the evening sun. Together with her smile and her flapping hair, it reminds me of my first sight of her. It was also by a seashore when I notice her from afar. This time, it is like a close-up of that view. There are people promoting para-sailing to us as the winds are strong. Annie seems interested but I'm an acrophobian so I offer to wait by the beach while she take a spin (I don't want to be the one screaming like a girl from the parachute). She didn't catch the ride after all...


Cenang beach

Coastline view
Trees swaying in the sea breeze
Time passes so quickly... I didn't notice it is almost 7pm because the sky is still bright. We headed back to AB motel and found everyone is waiting for us... outside... the room key is with me.... ops.... sorry....

We grab our stuffs and move out to a pre-pick restaurant (from one of the many fliers) for our dinner. This time FaiTh offered to drive and I set the GPS to our destination. We do not know what's wrong with the GPS as it was pointing us to the wrong direction and make long trip before telling us that we need to make a U-turn. I was suspecting FaiTh is praying too hard that our journey will pass by her favourite go-cart circuit... she has been all exicted about it ever since we land. Please ask her yourself if you want to know the reason and you will be in for a ride... she will make sure you dream about go-cart that night.

FaiTh go-cart circuit
FaiTh looks all tense up behind the wheels. Her back is no longer leaning on the seat and her chest is barely inches from the steering.... After a few turns, we also turn... pale. Ok, that's it. I drive, she guide. It is around 8:30pm when we finally found this 美香海鲜饭店restaurant. The owner keeps pushing the expensive seafood saying that I should order it to let my mother-in-law to try at least once.... What!? Since when I have a mother-in-law!? I'm too tired and hungry to do any explanation and clarification... I hope Casie and mum didn't take it as me eating their 豆腐.

We ordered 5 dishes; mantis prawn, salted bake crab, steam fish, home-made veggie tofu, and stir-fried potato leaves. Everybody is starving and suffering from mosquitoes attack. Luckily I brought an anti-mos roll-on balm and saved us from having itchy legs. The food came around quarter to nine and we ate greedily. By the time Casie wanted to take pictures, it is already a mess... so she only managed to get the mantis prawn on photo.

Yummy mantis prawn
The total bill come to RM230.30 and they did not give us the 10% discount they promised. Hhhmm.... they thought they can escape... they are wrong! We are on tight budget so we hang on to the discount no matter what... The ladies are making most of the noise and we finally got the discount...girl power rocks! Ultimate damage is RM207+.

Right after our hearty meal, it is already time for coffee at the Perdana Quay (or was it Marina Quay?). It was part of the plan to sip coffee there while enjoying the night scene there but we had our dinner late. We ended up just taking a leisure walk along the wooden platform at the quay because we are still full. Some hooligans at one of the bar are trying to woo the ladies when we walk pass... They must be jealous of me....
Row of bars at the quay
After stretching ourselves and having enough of the night air, we decided to call it a day. The drive back to motel is quite peaceful except for FaiTh occassional laughing silly at the GPS monitor. According to her, the car is shaking its bum bum... Don't worry, you wouldn't be the only one who don't understand what she mean. Other than that, we are fascinated at the size of the moon which look so much bigger from here.

I'm too lazy to check the time when we reach AB motel. Had some (whole bottle) white wine over small talk with some music from Annie's computer... We don't know why she bring it but I personally appreciate that we can have some music. After shower, Casie and mum went to bed. I wasn't ready for bed yet... that tad of white wine is a bit too little.

Dragged Annie and FaiTh out to the veranda together with the bottle of Choya. Turn on some music and begin swigging and chatting. We finished the Choya before crashing to bed. Another exciting day is waiting ahead of us, the mangrove tour...

12 comments:

Casendra said...

fuyooh!!!! Brother, I freaking like this post! hahahaha...

wei, my face also glowing in the morning while the sun shine woh.. but u happily sleeping only. Aiseh, is like that one lah, me little sis, dont have such attention..hehehe...

aiya, i didnt even notice the guy said i m your wife mum is your in law. Hahahaha... no worry, next time i'll happily point to Annie whenever someone get us wrongly. Muahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha

MUAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH

FaiTh said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Casendra said...

Thinking back, lucky she didnt ride on the parachute, if not, 3 of us will be the fossil at the beach liao... named: 3 fossils awaiting for room key ...

FaiTh said...

why am I always get the bad comment while she get all the good ones?? I tried so hard to entertain u guys yet i am getting such a bad comment. sigh... heartbroken into million pieces..

Lonewolf said...

Casie, sorry about the key waiting. You guys should call us...

FaiTh, where got bad comment... those are just to make the writing more lively. Let me know which comment and I'll try to fix it.

Casendra said...

brother brother, tak bawa handphone lah aiyo... hahaha

okok, the above, all bad joke ok. dont get upset ya :P me always so jin one :D u know lah, sitting in office so boring, suddenly got things let us release tention, u sure jadi victims lo... :P

sorry ya :D

FaiTh said...

My dear, no need to fix la. I like the way u describe bout me. U know me la... i just like to tease you..

btw, we do not carry handphone at that moment.

Annie Wong said...

Wahahahaha....... so funny. I bring my laptop is because need to reply some urgent mail and do my report at night. Who's know 1st night drink white wine and Choya, 2nd night drink beer. End out forgot my report already. Lucky I bring my Ipod and laptop if not I think you will very boring.

Lonewolf said...

Hahaha.... All so pandai, don't bring handphone. Tell you a secret, I didn't bring mine too.... kakaka...

Yeah Annie, thanks for lending me your ipod. I hope you are not angry at me for keeping it from you for the 3 days...

Annie Wong said...

I think I'm the only one bring handphone. How to call......

Kong Kong, actually I only play my "toy" when I boring. As long as you happy and we have to take care of you because you are the only man in the group.

FaiTh said...

三個字: awww...so sweet!!!

Lonewolf said...

哇。。。做摩在那的3天我没有feel到有被take care的privilege的?被揍就有啦。。。